Monday, September 17, 2012

Apples!

So last weekend, we had the chance to pick apples at a local farm. I called my mom and my sister and told them to get up here and lets pick. We ended up with about 200+ pounds and so now I get to figure out what to do with them. Haha.

 There were several different varieties to pick and they are all so good even if they are small. 
 The tiny red ones are my favorites so I think I will save them to eat.  For me.  One really good thing is that there are next to no worms.  Yay.
 First stop is a batch of dried apples.  I just pealed and sliced them and then put them in a cold water/citric acid bath and then layed them out in a single layer.  Now the waiting game.
  And last but definately not least for todays apple activities is this awesome apple cake I found on pinterest.  Mmmmm.  I used my homemade caramel sauce to make an icing on top.  Delish.

1 comment:

  1. did only 1 box of apples last week and it was enough for me this year! can't imagine doing 200+lbs!! the cake looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete